Páginas

sábado, 22 de junho de 2019

Feeling a little gray today. As if nobody sees much of what I'm doing. Usually people do not pay much attention to what I say, so I guess writing could get me a better outcome. So I'm writing about how life has started to look a little less fun lately. I make an effort to keep up, I do. I was taught to work for money, but, in fact, what I really would like to do is art. I can draw and paint, have been doing it since I was little. I am especially good at portraits, which I trained myself to draw. Not sure if I would be a good painter of portraits, but I can draw them. I think I should give this a shot. I am at that point of my life where I wonder if I'm doing or if I have ever done something I really enjoy doing. I really enjoy singing, I really enjoy drawing and painting, I really enjoy writing. I sing at the church, at the community choir, but I don't sing for myself. I should take voice lessons. (I should probably reinvent myself, like a butterfly)


Estou me sentindo meio cinzenta hoje. Como se ninguém visse grande parte do que eu estou fazendo. Em geral as pessoas não prestam muita atenção ao que eu falo, então acho que escrever poderia me dar um resultado melhor. Então estou escrevendo como a vida começou a parecer menos divertida ultimamente. Estou fazendo força para me adaptar, estou sim. Ensinaram-me a trabalhar por dinheiro, mas, na verdade, o que eu realmente gostaria de fazer era ser artista. eu sei desenhar e pintar, venho fazendo isso desde pequena. Sou especialmente boa em fazer retratos, que eu aprendi a desenhar sozinha. Não sei se seria uma boa pintora de retratos, mas sei desenhá-los. Acho que devia me dedicar a isso. Acho que estou num ponto da via onde me pergunto se estou fazendo o se já fiz algo que realmente gosto de fazer. Eu gosto muito de cantar. Gosto muito de desenhar e pintar, e gosto muito de escrever. Canto na igreja, no coral comunitário, mas não canto para mim mesma. Eu devia tomar umas aulas de canto. (Devia, provavelmente, me reinventar, como uma borboleta)


Once upon a time, when I was little, I dreamed of being a book illustrator. This lady who said she was a writer came to visit us. I must have been seven or even younger at that time. I think we were at a neighbor's house and the neighbor had a blackboard in the room where the adults were talking. While she was talking to the adults, I was just in my own world, drawing birds and flowers with chalk all over the blackboard. At last, she noticed what I was doing, and said: "I am going to ask you to draw an illustration for my book". But she never did. I guess this is one of those things people say to try and make you feel good at the moment. I see this now. But at the time I felt really happy when she said that, and really bad later, because she did not do what she told me she was going to do. I resent that lady for lying to me still today. I wish she had not told me that. I feel rejected each time someone tells me I didn't make the cut, or that they don't need me, and I think in part it's because of that lady. I really need to let this go. But it happened. I am a sensitive person. How do you let go of the feeling that somebody you admired -- a writer -- made you feel important and then let you down?


Quando eu era pequena, sonhava em ser ilustradora de livros. Uma vez, uma moça que disse ser escritora veio visitar-nos. Acho que eu devia ter uns sete anos ou menos. Estávamos na casa de uma vizinha, e a vizinha tinha um quadro-negro no quarto onde os adultos estavam conversando. Enquanto a moça falava com os adultos, eu estava no meu próprio mundo, desenhando flores e pássaros no quadro negro inteiro. Afinal, ela notou o que eu estava fazendo, e disse: "Vou lhe pedir para desenhar uma ilustração para o meu livro". Mas ela nunca pediu. Acho que foi só uma dessas coisas que as pessoas dizem, para tentar fazer você se sentir bem na hora. Agora eu sei disso. Mas na época, me senti muito feliz quando ela disse isso, e depois me senti muito mal, porque ela não fez o que ela me disse que faria. Eu sinto raiva daquela moça por ter mentido para mim até hoje. Desejaria que ela não tivesse me disse aquilo. Eu me sinto rejeitada cada vez que alguém me diz que não sou suficiente, ou que não precisam de mim, e acho que, em parte, é por causa daquela moça. Eu realmente preciso deixar isso para lá. Como é que a gente se livra da tristeza que a gente sente porque alguém que a gente admirava (uma escritora) fez a gente se sentir importante e depois te decepcionou?

Nenhum comentário:

Pesquisar este blog

The Guild